Mrs. Brennan graduated from the University of Kentucky in 1982 with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, and received her Juris Doctor from the University of Mississippi in 1986. She is licensed to practice in all Oklahoma State Courts, the United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern and Western Districts of Oklahoma, the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court. She is a member of the Oklahoma Bar Association and the Muskogee County Bar Association, having served as its president during 1997-1998.
Mrs. Brennan has been practicing in Muskogee since 1986, and is formerly of Bonds, Matthews, Brennan & Bonds of Muskogee. She has a diverse practice including the areas of Family Law (divorce, child custody, child support, and adoptions); Probate (wills, estates, trusts, guardianships); Business and Commercial Law; Criminal Law; School Law; Civil Rights Litigation; Personal Injury and Property Damage; General Civil Litigation; Railroad Defense and State and Federal Appellate Practice.
Mrs. Brennan is known not only statewide but also nationally as an excellent appellate attorney. Indeed, Mrs. Brennan’s published opinions include:
- Reed v. Scott, 820 P.2d 445 (Okl.1991)
- Joliff v. Joliff, 829 P.2d 34 (Okl.1992)
- Spann v. Spann, 852 P.2d 827 (Okl.App. 1992)
- Fast Food Systems, Inc. v. Ducotey, 837 P.2d 910 (Okl. 1992)
- Breed v. Federal Moving & Storage, Inc., 844 P.2d 893 (Okl.App. 1992)
- Williams v. MoPac, 11 F.3d 132 (10th Cir.1993)
- Eldridge v. Missouri Pacific Railroad, 832 F.Supp. 328 (E.D.Okl.1993)
- Dillard & Sons Construction, Inc. v. Burnup & Sims Comtec, Inc., 51 F.3d 910 (10th Cir. 1995)
- Muskogee Title Co. v. First Nat. Bank & Trust Co. of Muskogee, 894 P.2d 1148 (Okl.App. 1995)
- Double LL Contractors, Inc. v. State ex rel. Oklahoma Dept. of Transp., 918 P.2d 34 (Okl. 1996)
- Allen v. Muskogee, Oklahoma, et al, 119 F.3d 831 (10th Cir. 1997), cert. denied 522 U.S. 1148,
- 118 S.Ct. 1165, 140 L.Ed.2d 176 (1998)
- McLaughlin v. McLaughlin, 1999 OK 34, 979 P.2d 257
- In re Estate of Masters, 361 F.Supp.2d 1303 (E.D.Okla.2005)
- Beugler v. Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway Company, 490 F.3d 1224 (10th Cir. 2007)
Rusty Smith is a trial lawyer who has a diverse legal practice. A native of Ardmore, Oklahoma, Mr. Smith graduated from the University of Oklahoma with a Bachelor of Arts in 1999 and obtained his law degree from the University of Oklahoma College of Law in 2002. He is licensed to practice in all Oklahoma state courts, the United States District Courts for the Eastern, Western, and Northern Districts of Oklahoma, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit. Mr. Smith is also a member of the Oklahoma, Muskogee County, and Tulsa County Bar Associations.
Mr. Smith, also formerly of Bonds, Matthews, Brennan & Bonds in Muskogee, practices in the areas of personal injury, workers' compensation, insurance law, bankruptcy, banking law, business law, criminal law, family law, real estate, and estate planning. He was previously employed by one of the world’s largest insurance companies as in-house counsel, and for several years worked for an insurance defense litigation firm.
Mr. Smith’s experience in defending some of the country’s largest insurance companies and their insureds has proven to be an invaluable asset when it comes to his current practice of representing accident victims, injured workers, and those involved in insurance disputes. He has obtained and/or negotiated several six-figure verdicts and settlements in less than 10 years of practice.
Some of Mr. Smith’s appellate decisions include:
- Knight ex rel. Ellis v. Miller, 195 P.3d 372 (Okla. 2008)
- Bilby v. Claremore Ambulance Rescue and Emergency Services, Inc., 149 P.3d 1093 (Okla. Ct. App. 2006)
- Hamby v. Marks, 2007 WL 458011 (10th Cir. 2007)
- Sunny Meadows Dairy & Foods, Inc. v. Peerless Ins. Co., 2005 WL 2716303 (W.D.Okla. 2005)
- Empire Fire and Marine Ins. Co. v. Timeline Recovery, L.L.C., 2006 WL 2345005, (N.D. Okla. 2006)
- French v. Pharmacists Mut. Ins. Co., 2008 WL 542856 (N.D. Okla. 2008)
Martha was raised in a military family and traveled all over the world. She received a B.A. in English in 1986 from George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia and then from George Mason University School of Law in Arlington, Virginia, in 1989. She practiced for 7 years in the Northern Virginia/Washington, D.C. area before moving to Oklahoma in 1995. She joined the law firm of Bonds, Matthews, Brennan and Bonds in Muskogee in 1996. She is a member of the Muskogee County and Oklahoma Bar Associations and is admitted to practice in the Eastern and Northern Districts of Oklahoma, as well as the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals. Her areas of practice include employment law, criminal defense, personal injury, Social Security disability, and wrongful discharge under Oklahoma workers’ compensation laws.
Ms. Cherbini is past President of the Board of Directors of the Oklahoma Community Theatre Association, and actively pursues her avocation as a director in community theatres in Muskogee and Broken Arrow. She has also had two short stories published in regional and national periodicals.
Mr. Wilson graduated from the University of Oklahoma College of Law, having been awarded the OU College of Law Merit Scholarship as well as the Samuel E. Hooper Memorial Scholarship. Mr. Wilson was editor of The Restatement, a member of the International Law Society, American Constitution Society, Environmental Law Society, and United Students. He was also a participant in the 2010 Oxford Study Abroad Program and the Ruth Bader Ginsburg American Inn of Court. Mr. Wilson’s practice areas include estate planning, personal injury and insurance disputes, as well as general civil litigation. He is admitted to practice in all Oklahoma state courts.